This site developed by Big Blend Magazine™. copyrighted since 1998. No part of it
may be reproduced for any reason, with out written permission from Big Blend Magazine,
P.O. Box 90153, Tucson, AZ 85752. Opinions expressed by contributors are not necessarily
that of this publication or any of its staff. We reserve the right to edit submittals.
All subject matter is intended for general information only and not to be take as
personal advice in any matter. Although every effort is made to be accurate, we cannot
be held responsible for inaccuracies or plagiarized copy submitted to us by advertisers
Lynn Wiese Sneyd 'The Book Biz Whiz', is a Writer, Literary Expert, PR Consultant
and Owner of LWS Literary Services where she assists authors in book publicity campaigns,
agent searches, book proposal writing, and editing. Learn more at:
The Writer’s Toolbox By Lynn Wiese Sneyd 'The Book Biz Whiz', Literary Expert & PR
Sharp pencils. Pens with ink. Paper. A powered computer. These items are essentials
to the writing life. If you’re interested in transforming the writing life into the
business of writing, then you need to add a few additional items to your writer’s
- Editor: Behind every good writer is a good editor. Find yours.
- Bio: People who want to book you for an interview or presentation will ask for
your bio. Have three available in varying word lengths (e.g. 250-500 words; 100-150
words; 50-75 words).
- Professional Author Photo: You want to look your best, right? Make sure your photographer
knows cameras and portraitures.
- Website: Make it shine. Make it sing. Often this
is the first place people meet you.
-Blog: Decide how frequently you’re going to write and post your blogs. They are
key to social media marketing.
- The Pitch: Sell the sizzle in 3-4 short paragraphs.. Pitch it to radio, television,
newspapers, magazines, libraries, bookstores, book clubs, bloggers conferences –
any place that will give you publicity.
- “Gone Hiking” Sign: Remember to have fun! It’s not about writing 24-7. It’s about
having experiences and writing about them.